Background

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Vegetable Garden Project










Garden Completed! I reached my goal with some help of having it done by the weekend! :) The fence was the most work! Thanks to those who helped!! It is not a very strong fencing material, so we added extra posts. It doesn't hold strong to the ground. So, I asked a family member if they had any tent supports, that you drive into the ground. They suggested coat hangers! Great idea!!! They worked perfect and I used some left over knives to mark my seeds. I did purchase plants at Rt 218 & 218 where an older coupon has signs out saying Flower Sale. The packs of plants came 4 for $1 and some 6 for $1. I picked up squash, green peppers, zucchini, cabbage, onions (one extra for free), grape tomatoes, and regular tomatoes. The plants below came to $7!

Seeds $7
Fence $31
Plants $7
Poles Free (Thank you)
One Blackberry Bush Free (Thank you)
Total Spent Approx $45. All the money going towards fencing material that we should never have to purchase again! Well worth all the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment