Background

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Vegetable Garden Project Update















I bought 18 packs of seeds at Dollar General for $6 plus tax. The packets of seeds are 3 for $1. They also carry $1 packs of seeds which is still a great deal! Target, Walmart, Tractor Supply, etc. all want over $1 that I came across. I did not price Family Dollar, because I liked the Dollar General deal. Some packs don't have a ton of seeds in them, but you can kind of pick and chose. When I knew I wanted a lot of one vegetable, then I just bought 2-3 packs! Trail and error on my "fencing". I bought some at Tractor Supply only to find out True Value was cheaper! I returned my fencing I bought in town (using trips for other errands to save on gas) and purchased 2-48-Inch x 50-Ft. Galvanized Poultry Netting for $15 less than Tractor Supply wanted for their 2-36" x 50' Netting. Goes to show that sometimes going to town doesn't always mean better deals. The netting is being shipping to True Value in Colonial Beach! It's free shipping, then I used a $5 off $25 coupon! (Code SP121) Total with tax $30.68. I also was given some free poles from a family member. I am sure they will want to be re-paid in vegetables later in the summer. So far, I am happy with the amount invested. The plan is to plant the seeds, wait for the fencing, then plant a few vegetable plants... and hopefully all under $60!

No comments:

Post a Comment