Background

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Have you shopped in your pantry lately?



















Yesterday I took the time to go through my pantry. I was surprised at the food hiding inside my pantry! Boxes of Mac & Cheese, Hamburger Helper, Spaghetti Noodles, Pasta Sauce, Cans of Salmon, Cans of Tuna, etc. I have decided this week to save money and eat those items in the pantry. I started last night by making buckwheat pancakes from scratch to eat for breakfast. I hate seeing food go to waste! Have muffin mixes lying around? Make up a few batches and use them for snacks! Hard boil some eggs for egg sandwiches, peanut butter jelly sandwiches, salmon cakes for lunches, and the list of ideas go on! Make a list of all the meals you can make… Can you go a week shopping from your pantry?

Have items you don’t know how to use up? Try Allrecipes Ingredients Search! Enter a few of those hard to use up items and see what recipes you can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment